For this benchmark, you will create a PowerPoint presentation about the learning process for the parents of your students. Select a grade level 1-8 and one of the learning theories discussed in this course.
In a 12-15 slide PowerPoint presentation include the following:
- Brief explanation of the learning theory you selected, including why you chose it;
- Detailed explanation of how learning occurs, including students’ development, acquisition of knowledge, and motivation, within the context of the chosen learning theory;
- Detailed explanation of how individual learners have differences in development, approaches to learning, and performance;
- Explanation of the role of families in promoting the intellectual, social, emotional, physical growth, and well-being of children, and;
- Description of five simple things that families can do with their children to support their intellectual, social, emotional and/or physical growth and over-all well-being.
Support your information with a minimum of five scholarly references. Include a title slide, a references slide and presenter’s notes within your presentation.
While GCU style format is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected, and in-text citations and references should be presented using GCU documentation guidelines, which can be found in the GCU Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to Turnitin.
Submit this assignment to your instructor in LoudCloud.