Primary Task Response:
Julius Caesar used one of the earliest known cipher systems to communicate with Cicero in Rome while he was conquering Europe. Caesar knew that there was a very high risk of ambush or spies when sending messages; therefore, he developed a cryptographic system now known as the Caesar cipher. Please provide a detailed response to the below to include specific details and examples.
- What is the Caesar ROT3 Cipher?
- How does it work?
- Although the Caesar cipher is easy to use, it is easy to crack. How would an attacker break a Caesar-style cipher?
Try your hand!
1. Encrypt the below message using the Caesar ROT3 cipher.
- I WILL BECOME A CRYPTOGRAPHIC GURU
2. Decrypt the below message using the Caesar ROT3 cipher.
3. Create a cipher of your own and see who can crack it! Toward the end of the week, provide the solution to your cipher.