The purpose of this assignment is to compare basic functions in Excel and SPSS to calculate descriptive statistics and use this information to describe the sample.For this assignment, students will utilize Excel with the Data Analysis ToolPak and SPSS Statistics and the “Example Dataset” to complete the assignment. Refer to the Topic Materials for assistance with enabling the Data Analysis ToolPak on a Mac or PC.Part 1:Complete the following steps in both Excel and IBM SPSS Statistics.
- Calculate mean, median, and mode for the variables “Annual Income” and “Age.” Show the appropriate summary tables for these measures from both Excel and SPSS. Include the other descriptive statistics that are a part of the summary output in Excel and SPSS.
- Create histograms to show the distribution for “Annual Income” and “Age.” Copy and paste the histograms from Excel and export the histogram from SPSS into the Word document for this assignment.
- Create frequency tables that include counts and percentages for smoking status, employment status, exercise level, and education level. Show the tables in the Word document for this assignment.
Part 2:Based upon the Part 1 activities, write a 250-500 word interpretation that addresses the following.
- Discuss the sampling strategy used in this study and if it resulted in a representative sample.
- Discuss what you are able to ascertain about the sample from the descriptive statistics.
- Explain what other variables the research team could have included to gain a better understanding of the population.
General RequirementsSubmit one Word document for the Part 1 assignment content and a second Word document for Part 2 of the assignment.
The purpose of this assignment is to practice calculating confidence intervals.For this assignment, students will utilize Excel and SPSS Statistics and the “Example Dataset.”Using the “Example Dataset,” complete the following:
- Based on a normal distribution curve, calculate the probability of an individual being 60 years or older in this population. Show the Excel and SPSS formulas or your hand calculations. Include screenshots as needed to illustrate this.
- Using the sample standard deviation of age as an estimate of the population standard deviation, calculate by hand the standard error of the mean. Show your calculations and the answer.
- Calculate by hand a 95% confidence interval for “Age” based on the sample mean. Use SPSS to verify your answer. Include your calculations and screenshots of the SPSS output.
- Interpret the confidence interval for age and explain the three pieces of information needed to calculate a confidence interval.
Submit one Word document that includes all of the assignment deliverables.