Perform library and Internet research on a recent fraudulent financial reporting case. In a paper of between 750 and 1475 words (3 to 5 pages), do the following:
- Provide a summary of the company’s history and background.
- Describe and then analyze the fraud committed.
- Discuss how the fraud was detected and reported.
- Present information about the damages/losses caused by the fraud.
- Analyze the internal control deficiencies that allowed the fraud, including any applicability of SOX or the COSO internal control framework.
- Recommend strategic planning that the company could execute that would result in remediation and corrective actions to correct internal control deficiencies.
Be sure to:
- Follow accepted research approaches and citation format (APA style).
- Convey your understanding of the readings and concepts and their application to the topic.
- Write in an organized and coherent way.
- Check for and correct spelling, sentence structure, and grammatical errors.
- Demonstrate graduate-level analytical skills.