Develop 1,500‐2,000 word, high‐level, Performance Management Cycle Plan. The plan should contain an introduction and conclusion that explain how effective performance management supports organizational strategy and HR goals.
The purpose of this assignment is to simulate the thought process that managers use when evaluating the various elements of supervision, performance management, and employee retention. The students are expected to produce a plan that includes:
- Introduction of the organization that outlines the importance of performance management in organizations and performance management needs in the chosen organization.
- Performance Management Process (Step 1). Performance outcomes for the company and performance outcomes for a selected department in the company. Students should include policies that support a culture of diversity.
- Performance Management Process (Step 2). Develop employee goals, behavior, and actions to achieve outcomes.
- Performance Management Process (Step 3). Provide support, supervision, and ongoing performance discussions.
- Performance Management Process (Step 4). Evaluate performance of employees.
- Performance Management Process (Step 5). Identify improvements needed.
- Performance Management Process (Step 6). Provide consequences for performance results.
- Evaluate HR management strategies including strengths and weaknesses of current training methods. Consider showing the link between how employee training supports HR goals including supporting a culture of diversity.
- Proposed impact of the revised human resource management strategies (recruitment, performance management, and employee training) on employee retention.
- Conclusion including human resource practices (performance management, training, and employee retention) and their contribution to the organization’s competitive advantage in the marketplace.
Incorporate three to five resources (including your course textbook) to support your paper.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
This benchmark assignment assesses the following programmatic competencies:
BS in Business Management- No Emphasis
5.3 – Examine human resource practices and their contribution to an organization’s competitive advantage in the marketplace.
BS in Health Information Management
5.5 – Evaluate human resource management strategies and techniques to facilitate staff recruitment, retention, and supervision.
5.6 – Create programs and policies that support a culture of diversity.