In Part 1 of this two-part assignment, you will analyze four interview transcripts by developing a code book and coding the data presented in the transcripts. This will mimic the process and feeling of coding a large study, though on a much smaller scale. The codes and code book you develop will be used in Part 2 of this assignment to identify themes in the four transcripts.
General Requirements Use the following information to ensure successful completion of the assignment:
- Refer to the resource “Qualitative Analysis Assignment Directions,” which is attached to this assignment.
- Refer to the resources ” Qualitative Analysis Assignment: Transcript 1,” “Qualitative Analysis Assignment: Transcript 2,” “Qualitative Analysis Assignment: Transcript 3,” and “Qualitative Analysis Assignment: Transcript 4,” which are attached to this assignment.
- This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
- Doctoral learners are required to use APA style for their writing assignments. The APA Style Guide is located in the Student Success Center.
- Refer to the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association for specific guidelines related to doctoral-level writing. The manual contains essential information on manuscript structure and content, clear and concise writing, and academic grammar and usage.
- This assignment requires that at least two additional scholarly research sources related to this topic, and at least one in-text citation from each source be included.
- You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. A link to the LopesWrite technical support articles is located in Course Materials if you need assistance.