As a professional, you most likely will be in a position to link families who need support with the appropriate community services. Review pages 390-396 of your text, which offer an overview of the community as a support system. Then read the following case studies on pages 413-416:
- Case Study 2: The Johnson Family
- Case Study 4: The Meyers Family
- Case Study 7: The Lambert Family
- Case Study 9: The Nguyen Family
Choose the case study that interests you the most, then complete the following.
By Day 3:
- The title of the case study and a summary of the problem/concerns
- Your response to the question(s) posed at the end of the case study, including what community services you would recommend (In examples that ask you to respond as a teacher, respond as a professional working with children and families.)
- Two general suggestions to foster communication, clearheadedness, and the development of a collaborative plan of action
- Berns, R. M. (2016). Child, family, school, community: Socialization and support (10th ed.). Stamford, CT: Cengage Learning.
- Chapter 10, “Ecology of the Community” (pp. 334–367)
This assignment is due tomorrow @ 12:00pmest