APA FORMAT 1-2PAGE, IN-TEXT CITATION REFERENCE PAGE ETC. IF YOU CAN NOT ADHERE TO THE DETAILS OR DEADLINE DO NOT TAKE THIS ASSIGNMENT.
USE THE UPLOADED REFERENCES IN DEVELOPMENT OF THIS PAPER & IN-TEXT CITATION REFERENCE PAGE
As individuals grow older, they experience biological changes, but how they experience these changes varies considerably. Senescence, or the process of aging, “affects different people, and various parts of the body, at different rates” (Zastrow & Kirst-Ashman, 2016, p. 658).
What factors affect the aging process? Why do some individuals appear to age faster than others? In this Discussion you address these questions and consider how, you, as a social worker, might apply your understanding of the aging process to your work with older clients.
To prepare for this Discussion, read “Working With the Aging: The Case of Francine” in Social Work Case Studies: Foundation Year.
POST BY TOMORROW 10PM NEW YORK TIME a 1-2 page disclusion/paper in which you:
- Apply your understanding of the aging process to Francine’s case. How might Francine’s environment have influenced her aging process? How might you, as Francine’s social worker, apply your knowledge of the aging process to her case?
- Identify an additional strategy you might use to apply your knowledge of the aging process to social work practice with older clients in general. Explain why you would use the strategy.
Guindon, S., & Cappeliez, P. (2010). Contributions of psychological well-being and social support to an integrative model of subjective health in later adulthood. Ageing International, 35(1), 38–60.
Plummer, S. -B., Makris, S., & Brocksen, S. M. (Eds.). (2014). Social work case studies: Foundation year. Baltimore, MD: Laureate International Universities Publishing. [Vital Source e-reader].
- “Working With the Aging: The Case of Francine” (pp. 39–41)
Zastrow, C. H., & Kirst-Ashman, K. K. (2016). Understanding human behavior and the social environment (10th ed.). Boston, MA: Cengage Learning.
- Chapter 1, “Introduction to human behavior and the social environment: The strengths perspective” (pp. 13)
- Chapter 14, “Biological Aspects of Later Adulthood” (pp. 654-684)